Friday, August 22, 2008
It's Up To Me!!
I have decided that my attitude toward life is the real problem. I have been focusing on all of the negative things going on in the world. I watch the news and see all of the little children who are abused, neglected and those who are passing away. It makes me so sad and puts me in the worst mood. The other day I had a wake up call. I don't even know how it happened but I realized that there are many children in my life that I have an influence on. Nieces, nephews and even the neighbor kids, but the most important ones to me are my own four kids. It is up to me whether I am going to be a positive or negative influence to them. If I am miserable and sad then I can't expect anything else from my kids. I have to make the best of this wicked world we live in and teach my children how to live so that we can all someday return to our Heavenly Father and be an eternal family. I love the fact that I learn something new everyday, even if it means that I have to change. Thanks to all of you who leave comments to offer encouraging words of support. I have surely needed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Thanks for this post, I needed to hear that. Somedays are so hard that i am in a bad mood, I am sure it doesn't help my children or husband to see me like this. I hope I can try to be a better example to my children and those around me.
Valerie
Thanks for the reminder. So true. Now I feel bad for my kids...I'll have to be in a better mood tomorrow!!!
Try, Try Again...
I have checked in on you before and noticed your blog page is just beautiful. However, today I listened to your music and read what you wrote and really enjoyed it (and needed it). We always loved Dave and it has been so easy to love you. Thanks for what you ad AND have added to our family. (Especcially those fantastic kids of yours.) You are quite a lady!
Love,
Peggy
Post a Comment