Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Labor Day Weekend in Pinedale
On Saturday afternoon we made the drive up to Pinedale to spend the weekend with Dave's family. We didn't get there until after six so by the time we started setting up camp, it was after dark (not very fun). We stayed up until midnight playing cards and finally got to bed at about 12:30am. Sunday morning it started raining and did not stop for almost three hours. I went to the tent and found that we had several leaks and all our stuff was wet. I was so upset that I took our whole camp down by myself and loaded the truck. I decided that we were going home! After I had finished packing, it stopped raining. No one really wanted to go home so Patti (Dave's sister) said that we could use one of her tents and some sleeping bags if we wanted to stay. We decided to stay and as soon as we got that camp set up it started pouring rain again for another couple of hours. I love the rain but my goodness not when I have to sleep in it and do sixteen loads of laundry when I get home just to get rid of all of the mud. Don't get me wrong, we had a lot of fun. It was cool (sometimes cold) but it was such a nice, much needed break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Hey Cousin,
I love the camp story. It rains every time we camp too.
Elisebeth
Our last camping trip was the same. Rain! Rain! And more rain!! I agree that the rain is great when you're not camping in it. How fun, though!! You'll look back at all the pictures and laugh. Your kids will always remember the camping trip when it rained. We love you guys!
Seriously rain, camping and kids mixed together is a disaster. But sounds like the kids and everyone had fun. Leann mentioned to me you might want to order the spooky blocks as well. Let me know if you want that. $12 for kit, paper, ribbon and $10 if you just want the wood and vinyl. Also did you want the believe blocks as well. I do have an extra. my email address is leah5299@hotmail.com. talk to you soon. =) Leah
oh mindy.. i cringe at the thought of having all that laundry to do!!! your a good mom to troop it out... the kids look like they had a blast. at least it wasnt blasted hot... right??
and as long as your are driving 3 hours to pinedale you might as well keep going for another 9 or 10 to come see us!
Post a Comment