Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Am I Doing Enough?
If there is one thing that I have realized this past week, it is that there is always more that can be done in almost everything that I do. I realize that no matter how hard I try I will never ever be caught up with my house work. No matter how much I love my husband and kids everyday, it is never enough; you cannot love someone too much. No matter how much I serve others, there is always way more service to be given. I have been reading the book called "The Message" and it has really got me thinking a lot about life and death. I find myself wondering about what went on before I was born. "What did I promise I would do when I got to this earth and am I doing all that I promised I would do?" Am I paying attention to all of the little details with my children and enjoying their youth? Am I taking the time to watch them grow or am I just wishing that I was not about to enter the "terrible twos" with Troy and dreading the teenage years that are not far away with Tristyn? I know that we are here to learn and grow and I just pray that I am making the right decisions everyday and doing all the things that I said that I would do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I ask myself this very question and unfortunately know that can't possibly being doing enough. All I do is try to keep my kids out of the street, off of the counter tops, and out of other trouble, which lately has been a real chore. Is there time for anything else?? Most days there is not, for me.
You, on the other hand, are a miracle worker. I don't know how you do it. You really have worked wonders in the past 6 weeks. You do so much for your family and your kids!! You don't have to be worried. We love you!
mindi... we must be in the same section of the book! i could not fall asleep last night because i kept thinking of what i promised to do when i came here. and i kept worrying that i wont complete it or that i wont know what it is when my opportunity arises.
but mindi you are doing wonderfully! kambers little life was such an eye opener. she wants me to be more patient with my kids, to be more accepting of others and SO SO much more. i think that is part of kambers mission... to teach. she is teaching us and she isnt even physically here.
I think you are doing wonderful. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I know I couldn't have made it through the past six weeks without your help. I hope you understand what a blessing you are to the family. I'm so glad to have you as a sister-in-law. I actually don't like that word, I feel you are my sister. You are a great mother and I admire your patience. Know I love you and appreciate all your help. I know our Father in Heaven is very please with you!
Love you tonz!
My Dad has read this book too, it sounds so good, I might have to get myself a copy. I feel the same way that you do about doing as much as I can. Sometimes I think about how much capacity I really have, to love, to serve, to learn, to grow. I think there's a time and a place for all these things, but sometimes finding the time for one makes it hard to do all the others. Thank goodness for the atonement to make up for the distance I can't quite make. President Faust said this about the atonement, "The overwhelming message of the Atonement is the perfect love the Savior has for each and all of us. It is a love which is full of mercy, patience, grace, equity, long-suffering, and, above all, forgiving." Makes me feel like there is some hope for me.
I just want you to know I think you are a great person. You are always doing something for someone else. I wish I could do that more often.
I think you woukd be amazed how many other people feel that way. If you really sit down and think about what needs to be done it gets you stressed and depressed. I am quite impressed how much you do. Just a few things that you do that are impressive are the whole saving money by cutting coupons, I have never gone to walmart bought a hundred dollars worth of grocies but had so many damn coupons that not only did I get my grocies for free, walmart owed me more money on top of that. I dont care who you are thats impressive. Another thing that you are awesome with is your craftyness, you put a ton of time into your gifts and I think that is neat. You also have double the amount of kids I have, I dont know how you keep it all together but you do. I know it is hard but your doing great. I am very glad you are my sister. I love you. Candi
Hello Mindy! Found your blog off of Annie and Spencers. So good to see your family. Tristan is getting so big and is so cute. It was great being in your ward and being your friend so many years ago.
Post a Comment