The past couple of weeks have been really hard for me. Last week was so busy with family pictures, our Halloween party and sharing time and this week I am feeling the stress of the week physically. I am completely drained and yet I have so many things that I need to do. On top of everything else I have decided to try to give my kids some responsibilities around the house because I know they can do it and I need the help. I have been disappointed so far in the way things are going. I spent hours making charts and explaining to them how important each one is to me and how we all need to work together so that we can have a happy, organized home. I have found however that I am more frustrated and I have been nagging at them more the last couple days than ever before. I feel like they should know what they need to do and how to do it right.
This morning I woke up in a bad mood and after I got my kids on the bus a thought came to me. "You have been focusing so much on having everything in its place all of the time that you are not allowing your kids to be kids." That's it!! I am not spending enough quality time with them like I should. They need to have fun times with me and I think that it would put me in a better mood if I was allowing myself to have fun with them. Maybe they would even be more willing to help if I was not a drill Sargent to them and was just their mom. I realized that by being so busy last week, I was not there for them and I had basically neglected my own kids.
I wish it didn't take a wake up call every time I needed to spend more time with my family.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Mindi - I totally know how you feel! It stinks that sometimes it has to come to a break down to realize enough is enough!
BTW - Your family pictures turned out really cute!
Mindi!
i found you from stacy! yay! i'm so glad you blog too.
this is Julie Jones by the way.
OK. this is my issue too. i try to get my kids to help and end up screaming like a lunatic. and really, it would be easier and more fun for all of us, if i did it myself. and didn't nag them every minute. which is happening alot lately.
the busy-ness of the holidays are upon us. and there just isn't enough time in the day. i've learned to just let some of it go. i don't have a major system, and for a long time i was really good at enforcing loss of privelages for not getting homework done, and not doing a chore daily. once measly chore. it's all i ask. but lately. we are so busy. i don't have the energy to fight them. UGH! it's a never ending battle.
anyway. you TOTALLY AREN'T ALONE.
i'm totally feeling ya on this post.
hope things slow down for a bit, and you have fun. your kids are DARLING! so cute!
Happy Halloween!
Oh, Mindi! I'm sorry you are so stressed. Although the chores are great, they will take time to get going. Remember, too, that Dalin has been doing chores for 5 years. It was easy to implement because we already had something in place.
Don't beat yourself up, kids do that enough, moms can't do it, too. Remember that I admire you and know you are an amazing mother. Your kids are young, their come around!!
AMEN SISTER!!!!! I have had many moments like that. Your awsome!
Post a Comment