Monday, October 20, 2008

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers


Some friends of ours have a Halloween party every year and we never go because I hate dressing up. This year we decided to suck it up, dress up and go to the party. We had so much fun even though we felt completely ridiculous. Thanks to my sister Candi who spent three hours putting extensions in my hair and making sure my lips were HUGE not to mention my HOOTERS. Everyone knew who I was but a lot of people kept asking Dave if he was Garth Brooks. Our primary pianist dressed as Richard Simmons and played the part perfectly. He was hilarious and we laughed so hard. Another guy in our ward decided an hour before the party to be Dr. Phil. He shaved the top of his head and I could not believe how much he looked like Dr. Phil. We tried to talk him into going to church like that but he wanted twenty bucks per couple to do it. We said no thanks. Now we are already thinking about who we can be next year. I can see us really getting into the dressing up thing.

16 comments:

Larsens said...

you look hot!! youre making dolly parton jealous! and dave... does kind of look like garth brooks, which i think is more of a compliment then kenny rodger!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your hair! Your costume is awesome! What a fun party! I'm glad you guys went!

SM said...

Mindi,
Dang you guys look good. We have a party this Fri. and I dread it every year because I cant come up with anything good like that. You guys look awesome!!

The McNeil Family said...

You guys look so good!! I always feel the same way you do when people want me to dress up. We are invited to a party this next weekend but i don't know what to be or if i want to dress up?

jakeanddeana said...

Love your costumes!!! It sounds like so much fun -- glad you guys got into it -- We used to dress up, but Jake quit, so now I dress up like whatever Spence is. . . You guys really look like who you dressed up as!

Devan and Robyn said...

Mindi - how stinkin' fun are you? You look fantastic! I love the hair and lips!! Woohoo! I'm glad you had a good time.

Jen Frost said...

I was so glad to see you guys there. You both looked great!

Fenwick Family said...

That was great!!

McKelle said...

HOW FUN! You guys look great!

Alishia said...

You guys look great!! How creative! I hate the whole dressing up thing,too, but only because I can't come up with anything. You did!! Wow!

lesueur family said...

Mindi- You and Dave looked so good, I'm glad you guys went and I'm glad we went too!We really had a good time, Dr. Phil did turn out pretty good if I say so myself!!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Ok you guys looked awesome! I'm still laughing. Very creative! I'm still trying to decide what to be. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next year.

Jill said...

I love dressing up as couples. You guys look great! Last year Grant and I dressed up for a party, he was a pregnant woman with a lovely large flower dress and a very blonde bob wig. I was his Dr. in scrubs and since I have short hair it was easy to comb like a mans. It was fun. I am still trying to think what to wear this year. Way to get into the halloween spirit!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

You were pretty hot I do have to tell ya. Im not just saying that cause I did your hair. Im glad you had a good time! candi

Jess said...

AWESOME!! I wish I could get Jared to dress up.

Erika said...

You guys looked GREAT!!