Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma


It has been a long time since my last post. I was telling Jen the other day that I really didnt't have anything to write about on my blog because nothing really exciting has happened. Later that night I was thinking about why I would say that. Everyday fun and exciting things happen in my life; why do I not appreciate those times? I have four great kids who fill every minute of my day with something. We had their Fall Festival at school on Friday and the kids had a blast. I got to play in a coed volleyball tournament all day Saturday and I am still able to walk (that is a good thing). We are all pretty healthy. Dave has a great job and has plenty of work, so much in fact that I hardly ever see him. After all of this, I find myself wondering "Why is it so hard for me to be happy?"

I have definitely been in a FUNK lately. It is hard to explain but I don't feel like myself. There is so much stress going into the holidays. There is so much to do and not enough time to do it. Not to mention all of the emotions surrounding the loss of Kamber. I am still so sad and emotional about losing her that sometimes I can hardly function. I have to literally force myself to do my housework where before I loved to "get up and get going." There is just a fog in my mind that I can't get rid of. I am so tired of feeling sad.

Today is my Grandma Greer's 79th birthday. I have looked up to her my entire life. She always has a smile on her face and she is the hardest working woman I know. She loves to serve and is always looking for ways to help others in any way that she can. I feel so fortunate to have her in my life. What a blessing. I guess I should start trying to be more like her. "Look for the good in everything" and "put a smile on" as she would say. I know that I have so much to be grateful for. I couldn't ask for a better life. I just need to find the strength to mourn the loss of Kamber and find joy in all of the many blessings that I have.

6 comments:

Duston said...

Mindi,
Hope things are going well. Hang in there.

Devan and Robyn said...

Mindi - keep plugging along. There are definitely days, weeks and months that are harder than others. You just have to keep your chin up, rely on faith and put one foot in front of the other! I'm so jealous that you played volleyball this weekend! That brought back so many memories!! Love you. Robyn

Tanner and Shasta said...

Your grandma is too cute.
So I want a sign/stake. I've been wanting to put some flowers on our balcony so this is perfect timing. Let me know if you need any help with them!

Anonymous said...

It's okay Mindi. I still have that exact same thought. Not much to post today...no worries. Savor the little things. Hang in there!

Alishia said...

You are not alone!! You have to find joy in the chaos. I kept waiting for things to calm down, but finally realized that they aren't going to calm down. This is my new life where I race from activity to activity and try to keep everyone happy. And that's OK. I wouldn't have it any other way and neither would you.

The holidays are going to rough for everyone who knew Kamber. We just have to cling to each other and remember the big picture!! It will be hard, but we will make it through. Hang in there! We love you!

Flake Family said...

WE lOVE YOU! You and your family are an inspration to all who know you. I know you have helped me so much.

I don't know how you feel with the loss of Kamber... but I do have similar feeling about being sick and tired of being sad and stressed. The other day in the middle of the day I was fed up with myself and I knelt down and prayed for help. Just a few minutes later I was on Kara's blog and she had a post about being down and just spinning everything for the positive. I started bawling. I thought,"Could my answer be that easy and that hard all at the time." Just think more positive. That is easy enough, so why can't I do it. It is amazing what positive thinking can do. I have been trying really hard to be more positive and it has really helped over the past few days. Just a thought. love ya, Bekah