When you see my brother Ethan with his 6'5" stature and loud voice it is hard not to be intimidated; but to know him and his larger than life heart of gold is something that not many people get to see on a regular basis. From the time Troy could make eye contact Ethan would get in his face and bark at him really loud and almost always bring tears and screams. Now that he is older he knows when Ethan is over and he usually stays as far away from him as he can. On Saturday night at my Grandpa Greer's 80th birthday party Troy lost sight of me and started to cry. I picked him up and Ethan came over to get him from me almost teasing him because he knows that he is the last person Troy would want to take him. To everyone's surprise he went right to him and didn't let go of him for the rest of the night. He sat on his lap and played games on his phone until we left. I have always said that Ethan is going to end up being Troy's favorite person in the world and it looks like we are heading in that direction. I have a great family and I am so grateful that we live close by and get to spend a lot of time together. Ethan made sure we took a picture so that we could have proof of this great day for years to come.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
A Monumental Day!
When you see my brother Ethan with his 6'5" stature and loud voice it is hard not to be intimidated; but to know him and his larger than life heart of gold is something that not many people get to see on a regular basis. From the time Troy could make eye contact Ethan would get in his face and bark at him really loud and almost always bring tears and screams. Now that he is older he knows when Ethan is over and he usually stays as far away from him as he can. On Saturday night at my Grandpa Greer's 80th birthday party Troy lost sight of me and started to cry. I picked him up and Ethan came over to get him from me almost teasing him because he knows that he is the last person Troy would want to take him. To everyone's surprise he went right to him and didn't let go of him for the rest of the night. He sat on his lap and played games on his phone until we left. I have always said that Ethan is going to end up being Troy's favorite person in the world and it looks like we are heading in that direction. I have a great family and I am so grateful that we live close by and get to spend a lot of time together. Ethan made sure we took a picture so that we could have proof of this great day for years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
That is sweet! Its funny because I have a brother-in-law that does the same things to my girls, and yet he is their favorite!:)
We love our nephews! Since we don't have any boys we cling to all the sweet boys in our family and think they are so special.
We love you boys!
Jen and Ethan
I don't want to forget out nieces, We love you too!
TOO CUTE!!!!
Also I wanted to say congratulations on the 50 pounds... That is a hard task!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wondered what was going on over there. I hardly got to see you!! I love Ethan, too. He is so much like your dad. I was scared of him as a kid, yet really, he has a heart of gold!!
About the baby sister post, we need to talk. I'm having the same discussions with Dalin and Bryan over here. What are they thinking??
Judd has a brother just like that for Derek. Maybe there is Hope. So CUTE!
Post a Comment