Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a Week!


This was one crazy busy week. It started on Saturday with Trace's baptism. Then Dave's birthday was on the 17th and he turned 35, and mine was on the 19th and I turned 32. We always get free dinners to the Keg for our birthdays so on Tuesday we went out to dinner and then we went back again on Thursday. It was so nice to just be able to sit and visit and enjoy some time together. In the past year, we went out maybe three times. It is pretty pathetic, I know, so to go out twice in one week is something pretty special for us. Then on Saturday Tristyn had a volleyball tournament in South Phoenix that started at 8:00 am and we were there until 2:00pm. While this week was packed full excitement and good times, we are completely exhausted. What I wouldn't give for a day of rest and nothing to do. (no chance in H_ _ _, I know)

As I sat in church today I couldn't help but think about just how blessed I am. Then I started to think about my teenage years and some of the choices I had made and some of the people I had dated. I really do think that an angel was watching over me making sure that I didn't get into too much trouble or get too involved with the wrong person. Then I thought about how I met Dave. We had been going to the same singles country dance for a couple of years and yet we had never spoken to each other. I knew of him but I look back now and wonder why it took so long for us to meet. I finally asked him to dance (which was so out of character for me) and it did not take long for us to realize that we were going to be married. (I think it was two weeks.) We had our date set at the temple before I even had my ring or had really met his family. That is how fast it happened. I look back now and am so grateful that I was protected and watched over because I could not ask for a better husband for me. My mom's friend used to always say that "there is a lid for every pot" and I can honestly say that he is my "lid." I am grateful everyday that I have him for my husband and I look forward to many more birthdays that we get to spend together.

6 comments:

keepingupwiththewootans said...

We were sure sad we missed Traces baptism we are really proud of him. I know a whole lot about guardian angels cause I know the Lord needed an army of them to protect me. Dave is a great guy but you know what we say "There is a lid for every pot!" That means you are a pretty good catch too! I glad you are my sister. Love ya! Candi

Devan and Robyn said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know you were a February baby!! I'm glad you two were able to spend some time together. That's so important! My mom said she ran into you a little while ago! How fun! We'll have to get together soon.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!!! That's so great that you guys had a date night TWICE!!!

The McNeil Family said...

Happy belated Birthday... Feb is a great month to have a birthday.. I hope u had a good one.

Debbie said...

Love the "pot and lid" analogy. Happy birthday----I remember when you were just a cute little thing running around. You can't be 32. I was just 32 yesterday. Say hi to your mom for me. Love, Debbie

Alishia said...

Two date nights in one week? That is totally not fair!!

Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you and Dave got time to be together. Too often, our husbands get left behind because we spend so much time with our kids. They need attention, too.