Saturday, July 25, 2009

Remembering Kamber

My mom came down to me this morning in tears and I knew that she had been blogging. We have been dreading this day for a while and I knew that it was going to be hard. It was a year ago today that my darling niece Kamber passed away. I got up and got as busy as I could hoping to distract myself from the harsh reality of what today was. Ethan and Jen went to Lake Powell with one of his clients because they decided that they didn't want to be home at all today. My mom's blog was about one of the songs that was on Kamber's video at her funeral. She wanted it on her playlist and it was not available. Then she said, "I wish we could put some pictures to this song on my blog." I love a challenge so I spent three hours trying to figure out how to do a slideshow on smilebox and finally got it done. I hope Jen doesn't mind us doing this but it was so good for us to cry and deal with the emotions that we were feeling. I am just glad that today is almost over and we made it through another "first."

I had so many friends and family call and write to tell me that they were thinking of our family during this difficult time and that we were in their prayers. I am so grateful for angels on earth who help us through trying times and I hope that someday I will be able to be an angel to someone in need.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Kamber
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

U can't believe that we made it thur the day, I cried the day before a lot wanting to skip this day. I am thankful for knowing the Larsen family, you guys are a strength to us. We sure love your family and are thinking about all of you guys.