Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Coming...

I have to say that this week has started off a little rocky. Saturday we took our Suburban in to get a few things fixed thinking that it would only take a few hours, and we are looking at late Tuesday maybe Wednesday before it will be ready. So today I got a ride from my visiting teacher to go get a rental car because I just can't "NOT" have a car. Then yesterday I had to come home from church early because I just did not feel right and I could not stop crying. There is just a number of things that have been bothering me lately and I think I just could not do it anymore and I needed to cry it out.

So today my sister in law Annie came and got Troy at about 10:00 to go out to their house to play with Tyton for the rest of the day. It was so weird not having him here all day. I kept feeling like something was missing and that it just did not feel "right.' Then it HIT me. This Saturday is the one year anniversary of the day that absolutely changed our family forever; the day we lost our sweet Kamber. "Is this why I have been in such a funk?" I sat and thought about how empty my house felt without Troy running through it, but I knew that in just a few short hours I would have him home with me again. It is just not fair that Jen and Ethan go home every night without one of their little girls, not knowing when they will see their angel girl again. I can't imagine the heartache that they feel everyday not having her with them.

So tonight we were out at Spencer's house celebrating Gunnar's birthday and this HUGE storm blew in out of nowhere. My dad came over to me and said "this is just too weird!" The Monday before Kamber passed away, Ethan invited us all out to his house for a little family night swim party. We got in the pool and then within a few minutes a big black cloud blew in. We got out of the pool and all sat on the porch to watch the crazy storm. Within a matter of minutes we were all drenched from head to toe running for cover into the house. A few minutes later the power went out and all of the kids were screaming. Kamber was so scared, almost hysterical. My dad picked her up and took her in on the couch and just held her. We all sat and visited in the dark and just watched as the storm passed. After about thirty minutes, Kamber fell asleep in my dad's arms and as we left, Jen went and put her in bed. Little did we know as we walked out those doors, it would be the last time we would see Kamber alive. Now every time we have a storm roll through, I think of that day. I know that we will all get through this difficult couple of weeks we have ahead of us, because there really is no other option. The sun keeps coming up and we just keep plugging along, doing the best we can everyday, dealing with what is given to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart will be with your family on Saturday. :( I didn't realize how possible it was that someone I didn't even get to know can change my life eternally. Many of the stresses that Chet and I are going through just don't matter anymore. Kamber has brought the bigger picture into perspective for me and that's what I hold on to. It is not fair that Ethan and Jen had to give her up so early. I wish some trials didn't have to be endured. It makes me realize that each minute we have is a gift and how easy it can be taken away. Your family is in my prayers. xoxo

And about your previous post.....you just might as well plan on going to the midnight showing of New Moon in November with me and Jen!!! Oh we are SO there!! ;)

Melanie said...

Big hugs to you and your family Mindi! I'm thinking of you guys!