Then Thursday night we celebrated Troy's 3rd birthday before we had to hurry over to Tristyn's band concert at 6:30. I did not get to see much of it because of the many trips taking Troy and his BIG MOUTH out. He was so bad. Tristyn said she heard him screaming at the front of the room and we were sitting in our usual spot in the back. I was so embarrassed. Then I had to hurry off for a volleyball game at 8:00. What a day!
So while my mom was gone, the pumps in her pond were breaking one at a time and I did not know how to fix them. By the time she got home on Sunday the big pond was so dirty that you could not see the fish in it. It was so gross. So Monday morning I spent three hours scooping out all of the mud and sand that had been accumulating in it. It took a four days to clear up. It was such a mess!
Now onto the reason that I am on medication. I have now entered a stage that I knew was coming. The "terrible threes!" My kids are so much harder at three than they are at two. Troy is no different. He is obsessed with water and I have to tighten all of the hoses to try to keep him from turning them on. He still finds a way but it takes him a little longer and it at least gives me some time to get to him before too much damage is done. On Wednesday I was in my room getting ready when I noticed that it was a little too quiet. I came in and he was in my kitchen sink spraying water all over the counters and the cabinets. He also dumped salt an sugar out all over my stove. Then Friday, I came down the hall and saw that the front door was open. Then I saw the hose was on and my car door was open. Oh my heck; he was washing the inside of the car. Luckily I caught him early enough that it only got a little wet. So I brought him in, put him on the couch to watch his other obsession; Little Einsteins. I went in my room and attempted to get ready for the day. I have learned that I have to check on him every couple of minutes because it does not take him long to get into trouble. After my third time checking I found him once again in my kitchen sink. This time running my good distilled water down the drain and spraying the faucet water all over the kitchen window. Again, water all over my counters and running down on the floor. He cannot be left alone for even two minutes anymore. I hate to complain too much because he is so fun and I can't imagine my life without him but he is sure going to test my patience. I just know how tired I am and I still have the teenage years to make it through. I hope I will survive.
Now here we are on Saturday and it is Trent's 6th birthday. We had two football games this morning and then a bunch of typical Saturday things to do before the little family party tonight. Ethan and Jen came over and brought their girls which is always fun for my kids. If there is one thing I know it is that I am so happy to be the mom of such great kids. I know that everyone feels that way about their kids but I don't share enough of the good things about them. I tend to focus on the things that challenge me instead of all the things that bring me joy. I really do have some good times. Maybe my next post will be a positive one.
My flooded kitchen. The picture does not do it justice.
Trent has the cheesiest smile. It is so hard to get a good one from him.
Anyways, I love these birthday boys of mine.





3 comments:
I know the feeling. I was helping my mother in law babysit and Alex and his cousin Kyla decided to wash Grandma's kitchen. They used the sprayer and flooded the whole room. Even the light fixture had water in it. They were about three at the time. Kids!:) I think we would be bored with out them.
Mindi, you do have a busy little guy! My mother-in-law told me my father-in-law was so busy as a child, his mom would tie him to the clothes line so he could only go so far! Maybe that could work for you! J/K Good luck! :)
What is it about boys and water??? Sad to say it hasn't gotten any better yet. I was outside in the garage for like 5 minutes and noticed water coming from under the wall into the garage!! I ran in thinking my washer broke but no... Jayson & Tanner were in the 1/2 bath plugging the sink, having a water fight and laughing as the water would run down to the floor! ..... and that's only one of our many water experiences in this house!
Post a Comment