Today Trace turned 9 years-old. I cannot believe it. I remember the day that he was born. It was raining and we had worked the past few days getting ready for my mom to have homemaking at her house. I woke up on Tuesday morning and knew that I was in labor. I called my mom and she said "any day but today. You cannot have your baby today." He didn't care what grandma thought and he was ready to come. Labor was intense. I got an epidural but it did not take all of the way so I felt most of the contractions. I felt like I was going to break in half. I kept telling them that I was in pain and they would say that it was just the pressure. Excuse me???? I know the difference between PRESSURE and PAIN. I WAS IN PAIN. I was crying and Dave was laughing at me. I could have hit him. He has a STRANGE way of dealing with seeing people in pain. They checked me again and sure enough the tube had been clamped off or came out or something like that. They got it all fixed and he was born at 6:16 pm on January 16th. He was just a little peanut weighing 5 lbs. 13 oz. Mom left all of the women at her house and came down to see him and then went back to the party. What a crazy day.
He is sure growing up fast and getting so big. He is such a sweetheart of a boy and he is always looking out for others who are sad or need a friend. We are sure proud of him and grateful for the great example he is to everyone. We had a little family party for him tonight and had a good time visiting and playing with cousins.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Mindy all of your kids are so handsome and beautiful. It's hard to imagine your sweet husband laughing at you....that is a weird way of "dealing" good thing it all turned out wonderful. Thank you for helping your mom with dinner the other night, my family loved it.
that last comment was from MONYA
Happy birthday Trace. What a Handsome boy.
Post a Comment