Monday, January 25, 2010

What to Do???

I woke up this morning in the worst mood. It all started when I decided to weigh myself and I realized that I have now hit the "25 lb. mark." Not in a good way I might add. About two years ago I got really serious about getting in shape and losing weight. I was playing volleyball and loving it. I lost almost 60 lbs after having Troy and had gotten down to what I weighed when I got married. Life was good. Then in July of 2008 Kamber died and our world was turned upside down. I kept plugging along the best I could and by Christmas of of that year, I was a "wreck." This was the first Christmas without Kamber and I was really struggling with it. I had locked myself in a room on Christmas Eve trying to get everything wrapped in time and I just sobbed and sobbed. I had such terrible anxiety with a few panic attacks mixed in all day long. It was a really dark time for me.

The day after Christmas I called my doctor and luckily got an appointment which happened to be on a Saturday. I sat and cried for an hour and she said that it is no wonder I feel the way I do considering what our family has been through. She got me on some medication to help me deal with the stress and I seemed to get better. As the year went on things really did get better and I was finally able to get a handle on my life again.

Halfway through last year I started to notice that I was gaining weight again as a result to the medication I was taking. I was more hungry and I think that certain kinds of medications mess with you like that. I went back to the doctor and she put me on a different medication to try to help with the weight gain. It has been six months since then and I am still gaining. I know that I don't want to go back to the "hell" that I was in a year ago but it is so depressing to not be able to lose weight. I guess this is a "pick your poison" kind of situation. I know that I should be more grateful for the positives in my life but it so hard to not be discouraged.

2 comments:

larsen family said...

No matter what I think you are darling. You look good and your personality makes you even more beautiful. (Please don't take that the wrong way.)I know it is tuff and if you ever want a workout partner a couple times a week like we use to I would love workout by your side. That was fun times. Hang in there Mindi and keep your head up.:)
LOve ya!

McKelle said...

You + Me + August = Volleyball! What do ya think?