I was a little worried after I posted on Monday because it was such a personal issue that I was talking about. I am not ashamed to admit that I need some help because I know that so many people are struggling and everyone deals with it differently. Anyways, I had decided that I was going to go off of the medication last Saturday because I was so discouraged about gaining weight. However, it did not last long. By Monday I could feel a change in me and it was not a good one. (remember my post...depressing) I then realized that it is more important for me to be "HAPPY and PUDGY" vs. "B****Y and SKINNY." I went back on my drugs and am doing way better.
I have decided to make a different New Year's resolution than the usual "lose weight and get in shape." While I will continue to work out and play volleyball, I am going to work on getting caught up on my kids scrapbooks. I am like 90% of the women who do really well with your first child who has two or three books with practically every single day documented. Each kid after that has less and less pages and my poor Troy is lucky to have his couple of pages. I am going to do holidays, birthdays, vacations, and a highlight spread of each year to keep me from getting overwhelmed. The pages are not very fancy but I have made a goal to use all of the "crap" that I have accumulated over the last twelve years and not buy anything unless I absolutely have to have it. I finished 8 pages today of our last two trips to the zoo. I remember now how much I enjoy scrapbooking. I just wish I had done a better job at documenting the dates. I am playing a guessing game most of the time but at least it is getting done.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Mindi,
It's OK to be on meds! But, if you go off of them, it can't be cold turkey. I just won't work. (I know from experience.) Talk to your dr. if you really want to go off. She can help you taper so you don't have such with drawals. Good Luck!! :)
I think you are a beautiful person inside and out. Lately I have been struggling and have been debuting if I should start meds. I need something or I am going to drive myself into the ground. Good luck on the scrapbooks. I only have brayden's done until he was one. My poor others kids I haven't even started. How fun to go back through memories.
Mindi. If you want to call me I'll tell you what works for me. I haven't gained weight and have been able to loose with what I'm taking...
As far as being on something to help control chemical imbalances... it took me over a year to finally accept and realize that I wasn't weak in needing help. If you need someone to talk to I am always here. Life is too short not to enjoy it. Love you.
Post a Comment