Yesterday at 3:30am I got up and wandered into the bathroom. I got back into my warm bed and felt something on my leg. I jerked it back and swiped my foot on the bed hoping to knock it off not really knowing exactly what was going on. I was still half asleep. I felt a sharp pain on my foot and then I realized what had just happened. I jumped out of bed, WIDE awake now and ripped the sheets off. By now Dave was up and I was in terrible pain. Sure enough I had been stung by a scorpion. Dave found it and took care of it while I tried to deal my foot.
I have grown up around them my whole life and I am not one to go running in the opposite direction if I see one. I am able to catch them and flush them and it doesn't really bother me. I do however, HATE it when they get in my bed. This is not the first time and I am sure it won't be the last. The whole top of my foot is numb and tingling and now it is starting to itch. The sad thing is that the worst is yet to come. For anyone who has been through this, you know what I am talking about. Last time I got stung it was on my thigh and I ended up with a huge bruise, probably from scratching it so hard.
There really is no way to get rid of them because of where we live but I will tell you that we are going to go on a lot more hunts with a black light. For anyone who doesn't know this, they glow and are almost florescent under a black light. We will have to make it a game of sorts. In the mean time, I am just dealing with the annoyance of the pain on my foot.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Mindy: that happened to Eric one night, it was so scary when he jumped out of bed. I really can't stand scorpions and we have them all the time too, I'm the only one in the family that has not been stung so I'm always looking for them when I walk around.
Sorry about your foot, that sounds awful.
I think that's the only great thing about not living in AZ for me... no scorpions. I shudder every time I see one... bleh. I can't imagine finding one in my house... so so glad I don't get to deal with those. Just the stupid black widows and brown recluses. I really don't know much about scorpions... I thought one would get really sick and have to be hospitalized for a sting. I'm glad you'll be OK though.
Ding Dang! I hate those creatures!
SICK!! That is the scariest thing ever! I'm with you... I can deal with them on the floor, on the fence, on the wall, but they cross the line when they decide to get into the BED!! Hope you are all healed!
Post a Comment