I just LOVE Saturdays. Dave is usually home and we are able to get a lot of the little projects done around the house. We spent most of the day cleaning and painting my bird's cage so that we could bring her in the house for the Summer. It is very time consuming but Dave is so good about helping me with all of my projects. At about 4:00 I took about ten kids out to swim. An hour later I was done swimming but of course the kids could swim for hours. So I got out and started to organize all of the pool stuff and clean up around the pool. Dave came out and I had him help me do some things.
Earlier that day my mom had said that she wanted to collect all of the scorpions that we find over the Summer. As Dave and I were moving stuff around we found three scorpions. Of course we caught them and added them to the collection mom had started. We continued to work and I picked up a plastic box that had all the chemicals in it to check the water. It fell apart and I dropped it right on my toe. Wouldn't you know it that there was a scorpion in it and before I could move my foot, it stung me on the very tip of my big toe. I usually have a high tolerance for pain but I have to admit that this one brought me to tears. I went in and got some Tylenol and tried anything I could to ease the pain. A few minutes later Dave came in and said that he gotten stung. One crawled up his pants and got him twice on the shin. We were quite the pair limping around the house numb from head to toe for the rest of the night. We both had a bad reaction that was a little scary. Our throats, ears, hands and feet were numb. I called poison control and he said that as long as your face isn't numb and you can breathe then you will start to get better after six hours. We have slowly gotten feeling back and now we are just numb at the spot where we got stung. Can I just tell you how much I hate scorpions.
It is kind of ironic because after I left and went inside, Dave said that he was thinking to himself "how did she not see the scorpion? How could she get stung like that?" To him I say "It serves you right!"
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
oh my goodness not again???? and both of you, that is horrible it gives me some anxiety just thinking of it, we have so many scorpions too I am constantly on the look out. sorry that you got stung again.
"If I had a house in Hell and a house in [Phoenix] I would rent out the one in [phoenix] and live in the one in hell!" J/K Jay Golden Kimball said that about St. George because it was so hot. I think I could safely include scorpions too!!
Oh my gosh, I can't believe you have that many scorpions around your house. I live in the middle of nowhere and I've only seen 2 scorpions this summer. I LOVE your bows and headbands! How do I get my hands on some of them? AND I miss playing ball with you! Hope that you're doing good! :)
Post a Comment