I woke up this morning with a bit of a bad attitude. Mondays are usually hard for me, especially because Sunday is not really a day of rest. I can bet that most mothers feel this way. Everyone still has to eat and live and with that comes a lot of dishes and messes. So to all of you out there who feel the same way I do, "Happy Monday!"
As many know, my mom had her hip replaced a couple of weeks ago and she really cannot do anything for herself. I know that she is struggling with that. This puts most of the responsibility on me which has been a challenge for sure. All I can say is that I am tired. My grandparents have come over a lot to help her and to keep her company which has been nice. She keeps telling me how sorry she is that I have to do so much. I wish she could understand that serving others is a part of life, especially serving your family. That is what keeps us going. Where would we be if not for the service of others?
I have also been thinking a lot about the quote "The greatest gift a father can give his children, is to love their mother." I know that there are a lot of kids out there who live in hostile environments and I am so grateful for a husband who loves me and treats me with respect. He does not put me down and he is not afraid to tell our kids how much he loves me. He is by no means perfect but he is quick to acknowledge when he is wrong and I am quick to forgive. The same is true the other way around. I don't think my kids realize how blessed they are. It is so easy to take things for granted and to look at others and wish your life was different. The only way to change someone else is to change yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
If you look up the word service in the dictionary it has your picture next to it. I admire you in so many ways and one is for the service that you give. I don't think have even ever heard you complain about it. I know you have served our family in so many ways and I want you to know how much I appreciated it. I don't think I could ever come close to repay you for all the help you have been throughout the years. So Thank You and I love You!
Jen
Post a Comment