So Dave has joined my dad in the Extreme Body Shaping world and is losing weight and looking great. They alternate kick boxing and resistance training with bands. I had Dave buy me a set of bands so that I could do some of the workouts at home. Yesterday I did lower body and it kicked my trash.
Every once in a while the gym lets the members bring a friend. Dave has been asking me for a couple of weeks to go with him. I'll be honest, I really did not want to go. I used every excuse I could come up with and in the end it was just better for me to go and appease my husband. It was kick boxing today. I have the mindset that because I am so fluffy, I would rather exercise within the walls of my own home, not in front of a huge mirror with a bunch of strangers. Anyways, being the good wife that I am, I got up this morning at 4:00 a.m. to go with him to get my butt kicked. I usually get up early, but not nearly that early. (I have been on my butt all day by the way. I don't know how they do it everyday, then go on to work all day too.) I have to say that it really was quite fun and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It helped that I was not the only petite elephant there too.
Then to make matters worse we went and took a pilates class for mutual at the Freestone Rec Center tonight. So between lower body bands yesterday, kick boxing this morning and pilates tonight, I can hardly feel my body; and what I can feel HURTS! I really do like being sore like this though. It makes me feel that I am actually accomplishing something. I am just hoping that I can walk in time for our volleyball game tomorrow night.
It sucks being out of shape. I was wondering today how many times in my life I have lost weight and gotten in shape only to gain it back again. It was usually with my pregnancies and this last time was after Kamber died. Our world kind of fell apart there for awhile. It is interesting to me to see how the trials and situations that we have throughout our lives affect us. For me, the first thing to go is exercise. I hope I can find a way to stick with it this time no matter what life throws at me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love classes that use the reisistance bands they are incredibly difficult and you're right they will kick your behind end. but with great results.
Mindi!! You are NOT a petite elephant!! You are gorgeous! :0)
Post a Comment