Many of you may know that Trent started preschool the September before he turned three because it was hard to understand him. Here we are two years later and because he has an October birthday, he did not make the cutoff date to go to kindergarten. As a result, I have been bouncing him from school to school trying to find somewhere that he could go and not be too far ahead of the other kids. Each of the teachers he has had says that he is ready to read and his last teacher suggested that we have him tested to see if he is ready to start school. On Monday I took him to the school and they said that he is ready to start kindergarten. After we got the okay we headed out to get his immunizations current. He did not like the fact that he had to get four shots, but he is so excited to go on the bus with the other kids and go to kindergarten with all of his friends. He starts on Wednesday and I'll be honest, I think I am more excited than he is. He gets so bored being at home with me and who knows, maybe I will actually be able to get Troy to take a nap without going for a ride everyday.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Kindergarten, Here We Come
Many of you may know that Trent started preschool the September before he turned three because it was hard to understand him. Here we are two years later and because he has an October birthday, he did not make the cutoff date to go to kindergarten. As a result, I have been bouncing him from school to school trying to find somewhere that he could go and not be too far ahead of the other kids. Each of the teachers he has had says that he is ready to read and his last teacher suggested that we have him tested to see if he is ready to start school. On Monday I took him to the school and they said that he is ready to start kindergarten. After we got the okay we headed out to get his immunizations current. He did not like the fact that he had to get four shots, but he is so excited to go on the bus with the other kids and go to kindergarten with all of his friends. He starts on Wednesday and I'll be honest, I think I am more excited than he is. He gets so bored being at home with me and who knows, maybe I will actually be able to get Troy to take a nap without going for a ride everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Wow!! What a smarty pants! My mom told me the news earlier and I meant to call, but never got a chance. Only one kiddo at home?? Time to have another one, right??
no way is he old enough to go to school! yikes... i cant believe he is that old!!! i was flipping through your blog the other day and ty was on my lap. he saw the pic of troy and got so excited. he started saying ':trrr' over and over while looking at his pic. i wish troy was here to play with ty, he would have so much fun with him. we miss you guys, please feel free to come up anytime!
That is so exciting. I am glad that he gets to go. Is he loving it?
Trent is so smart and such a fun kid. I remember when he was born, where does the time go? He will make lots of new friends and I'm sure will love every minute of Kindergarden!
Mindy-
I am so glad you found my blog because I couldn't find yours!!! So, did Trent start yet or does he have to wait until next week??
I need blog help!! I just figured out a few things but I want my just like yours... I love it.
Oh my goodness, he looks so handsome! Look out girls, here comes a heartbreaker!
Mindy, I am so excited and Jayden has been talking about how another one of his friends from church is in his class now. He was excited. There are a lot of really fun kids in there and it will be fun to have them all together.
Wow! That is exciting for him and for you too I am sure! Good luck with the naps ;-)
Mindi, he is so handsome & a little smarty pants...way to go, he must be your son! Hey, thanks for taking such good care of my mom, she loves you & your fam!
-Jen
Just saying hi!
Its always a big step when you have one more chick step out of the nest into the world or little world of kindergarten!
Mindi -
It is so fun to catch up and see how your family is doing! Funny how life gets going and you don't keep in touch with many people you thought you would! I'm glad to have this little world of blogging now. It is so nice and easy to check in on others and communicate! You have a beautiful family! Let's get together soon! Robyn
Yea Im kinda pissed off about Trenters going to all day school cause Ive had a ton of fun coming over in the morning and letting them play. The kids are growing up way to fast. It is quite scarry. Im sure we will see you on sunday. Love candi
Go Trent! I'm so excited for him and you.
Post a Comment