I can't believe that my baby is already two. It has surely been an eventful couple of years. He spent his first week of life in the hospital and the next couple of months sleeping with me on the couch. He still ends up in my bed at some point during the night and I am really hoping that someday he will outgrow that. I know that I could just put him in his bed and let him cry it out, but I don't have the heart for that. He challenges my patience everyday and sometimes I feel as though he sucks the life out of me. As hard as he is however, I could not imagine my life without him. There is never a dull moment when Troy is around.
He has learned to play the Wii (or he thinks he is playing). He pulls me in at least ten times a day saying "bayball, bayball". He doesn't quite know what he is doing, so when he gets frustrated enough he comes and gets me to get him back to his game. He was on my lap one day when I was watching Spencer's hit on youtube, so now when I am on the computer he says "wat Penter, wat Penter"(meaning "watch Spencer"). He loves watching him clobber the Chiefs guy over and over again, then he laughs when the commentator says that he "hit him like a freight train!"
Every time I turn around I have a mess to clean up. The track record with my kids is that it doesn't get any easier when they turn three, so I need to brace myself and find a way to find joy in cleaning. I am afraid that I am going to have a lot more messes to clean up in the next few years.
Here are a couple of his most recent messes: I got lucky with these ones, I know they could be worse. I have learned that if it is quiet, most likely I will have a "dirty job" ahead of me.





5 comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday Troy! What a fun little guy he is. He loves making messes and I think it is typical for a kid his age. It would be nice if we could learn to love cleaning, I can't say I'm too fond of it myself. With a house full of little ones, a quiet moment can be a scary time. It often means they are having a little to much fun!
What a cutie!! Two already? Where did the time go? He has always been an angel when I've been over with my boys. He seems so calm and mellow. He must be putting on a good act for me.
What cute pictures of him in the middle of a mess. You're just like me. When a mess happens, you run for your camera before you run to clean it up. I want to be able to show them, when they are older, what a stinker they could be.
Happy birthday Troy!! (What a good day for a birthday, I might add!!)
Love your blog! Troy is such a cutie, it sure does help when they get into "trouble", doesn't it?
i cant believe that troy boy is that old! it is almost sad to think how fast it goes. i wish so badly you could have seen how excited ty got when he saw that big picture of troy on the blog! oh my goodness! it made me laugh out loud. i sure wish you guys were closer so they could play more often. then again, two giant mess makers together would be the next WW3!!! anyway, we hope to see you guys soon! Happy birthday Troyer! we miss you and love you guys!!
Troy is such a cutie. Brigham and Troy have the same B-day just a year apart. I am going to call you this week for blog help. Hope that is still okay???
Post a Comment