Whew! All I can say is that the past few weeks have been completely exhausting. We are so fortunate for Dave to have good job working with my dad and to have a lot of jobs, but with that comes everyone wanting things done for the holidays. There were many days that he left when it was still dark outside and got home after eight at night. As a result, I was on my own for a lot of the stuff that had to be done. A few days before Christmas, Trent woke up with an earache and a nasty cough. Sure enough his tubes were out and he had an ear infection. (I hope this is not another recurring thing again and we end up with tubes for the third time.) Then on Friday the 26th I had Troy at the doctor because he was hacking up a lung and running a fever. She did a strep test on him because his throat looked bad and he threw up all over me, himself and the office. It was negative. We changed rooms and then she said that she was pretty sure that he has pneumonia. On top of all of that, I have to wrestle him to the ground and practically abuse him to give him his medicine. I have tried everything and wasted so much that I am going to have to buy another prescription in order for him to get enough antibiotic to kill the infection.
While there has been so much going on, I have somehow managed to find some time to reflect on what is really important to me. I'll be honest, our first Christmas without Kamber was tough. We all knew it would be but somehow we survived it. There were plenty of tears flowing on several different occasions and I just hope that it will eventually get easier. I am so grateful for my family. I don't know how people do it without the love and support of family. I am truly blessed.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Hey Mindi it's Heidi! I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your blog and I really like all of your posts. They are always really uplifitng and heart felt. I am sorry your son Trent was so sick. I hope he is feeling better. Your daughter Tristen and my daughter Kennadee are on the same club volleyball team so I hope to see you alot once the tounraments start. Anyhow take care!!
I heard you brought Troy in.. That stinks that he has pnuemonia. I hope he gets better soon. I know it is so hard trying to give a 2 year old medicine.
Your family is so cute!!! I was blog hopping and came upon your
mom's. I will stalking all of you now!! Happy New Year----
I dont know how you do it with 4 kids and Dave working Dads hours at work. Dallas went to the doctor cause he hasent been sleeping very well the last couple of nights and he had double ear infections. Wow it is a lot of work having babies. Tie a knot and hang on.
Post a Comment