Friday, January 9, 2009
Sad News
Dave found out a few days ago that one of his good friends from Willcox had passed away. They had grown up together; going to school, playing sports and even got into some trouble together. He had not kept in touch since he moved away but it is still as sad as if they were best friends. His brother was tragically killed in a car accident not even a year ago and now this family's only other child died of a brain aneurysm. He has a baby that was five DAYS old when he passed away. He was Dave's age and it really makes you think about how much time we have on this earth and when it is going to be our time to go? No one really knows but it is hard not to worry about what is just around the corner. I asked my mother-in-law if things are getting worse in this world or if we are just more aware of what is going on? She said that she thinks that we are more aware but that there are way more tragedies happening that are so close to us. We always hear of terrible things happening to other people but all of a sudden we know these people who are suffering. Somehow we have to find a way to stay strong and know that there is a plan for all of us. I just wish I knew how.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh, Mindi! You have really been through a lot lately. You are definitely more aware of suffering, it is happening all around you. Like you said, we have no idea how long we have, we can only do the best with each day we are given. If you need me to help with your kids so you can go to the funeral, just call. I'd love to help!!
Hang in there, we love you!
Seriously you are going through a lot right now. I am so sorry to hear about Dave's friend. Give Dave a hug for Judd and I. I to feel for that sweet new mother. How awful. I wish I could make it all better. We love you guys. Let us know if we can help.
Post a Comment