Saturday, January 17, 2009

Arms, Legs and Booty, Oh My!!!


This past week we have taken part in what I like to call the most eXtreme workouts thanks to my brother Spencer. There have been plenty of times in my life that I have been sore. With all of the many years of volleyball that I have played, I thought I knew what it was like to be sore; but I have to say that working out with Spencer brings a whole new meaning to the word. Everyday this week a group of five to seven of us got together with anywhere from six to nine kids under the age of three for a workout and you can only imagine the chaos we had. On Wednesday Spencer decided to take it easy on us and just make us push the car up and down the road seven times each. The sad thing is that he was not kidding when he said that that was easy. Friday after our workout I was trying to put my make up on and my arms were shaking so bad that I could hardly get my eye liner and mascara on without getting it all over my face. My quads feel like they are bulging with the knots that cover them but I don't want you to think that I am complaining because I am not at all. I already notice a difference in my muscle tone and I feel so much better about myself.

We have had so much fun having Annie and Spencer here with their boys and we have learned so much about ways to get into better shape. Jen and Candi are going to continue to come over after they move back to Colorado so that we can keep it up. I appreciate Spencer taking the time to teach us so much and spend the time with us while they are here in Arizona. We are sure going to miss him pushing us to the point that we feel like our muscles are going to tear in half.

6 comments:

larsen family said...

It is so much fun to come over and cry in pain due to one of the most kind hearted persons I have ever met. I'm just kidding. I love that Spencer and Annie are willing to take time out of their day to help us feel and look better. I love getting to spend time with the family! You don't know how good it is for me to have someting to push my mind and body and to have something to distract me from the reality of my life even if it is for an hour of my day. Thanks a million Spencer and Annie! Also thanks to you Mindi for allowing us to invade your home each day and Teri for helping with Brookie!

Unknown said...

Hey Mindi- I want in on that pain you are going through....I love a good work out

Alishia said...

Nobody called me!!! You guys are already skinny. Have you seen me lately? How much does Spencer charge for his services??

Flake Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love doing different things to exercise. Even in the best shape you get sore because you use muscle that you don't use all the time. What a great idea. Great job!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

I have had a ton of fun as hard as it has been. I have loved every min. of it. See you in the morning! Get your mind right. Candi

Mary-Sunshine said...

AMEN!!!!! I love the workouts! I wish I could do them more!