Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Wish I Played the Piano!!!

I can't tell you how many times I signed up for piano lessons only to quit because I didn't want to play "Mary had a little lamb." I wanted to play some "real" music not realizing that you have to start with the easy songs and work your way up. This morning my mom called me down to show me Jon Schmidt playing this awesome arrangement of Love Story and Viva la Vida on You Tube. It is incredible the talent that he has. It really makes me sad that I didn't give playing the piano more of a chance, not that I would be able to play like him but it would be nice to at least be able to play a little. I had to add some of my favorite songs of his to my playlist. There is just something about piano music like this that I love.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

That was amazing! I agree it makes me wish i had some instrumental talent!

Leisel said...

John Schmidt is in my top three pianists. We listen to his music on Saturdays while we do chores! Even though I am musical, piano is not my forte haha.