This past week has been no different than any other week. Packed full of so many things to do and not enough time to do them. Except that last Tuesday the school called and said that Trent was in the nurse's office running a fever of 101.5 degrees with a really bad sore throat. When I picked him up his eyes looked weird and he had body aches. I called the doctor because I was sure that he had Strep Throat. The swab came back negative but she still gave me an antibiotic because he is notorious for getting Strep. I asked if there was any way that he could have the FLU!! She said that we might as well check him while he is here. After another swab and fifteen more minutes of waiting, the result was positive for Influenza A. The more dangerous strain and could quite possibly be the dreaded swine flu. So she did yet another swab to send to the CDC and sent us home with a prescription for Tamiflu which would only cost us a mere $88.00 and might not even work. We thought we would take our chances, not get the medicine and hope he got better. After twelve hours he was fever free and back to his old self again. Thursday I called the school to see if there was any way that he could go to school because he was fine. She said that they had just had a meeting that morning and anyone that had tested positive for Influenza A, could not come to school for a week. (You have got to be kidding me, this kid is NOT sick.) Finally on Monday after all of the hype had gone down, I called the school again and this time she said that he could go back to school. The test finally came back and he did not have the Swine Flu. Although he was not happy about being home, Troy sure had a good time. They played and watched movies and had a great time. It was nice for me too because Troy had someone to play with.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Glad to hear he's feeling better! And that it wasn't the swine flu!
Uh Oh! Tanner's been home for 3 days with a fever! Maybe I should have taken him in??? You just described everything that Tanner is feeling! Crap!
I heard you came in.. I am glad that the poor guy is doing better. The Flu sucks..
Post a Comment