This past week I realized how much I love being a mom. It is no doubt the hardest thing that I have done but it is surely the most rewarding. Sometimes I have these thoughts like "do you really have four kids?" or "it seems like you just got married, how has it been almost twelve years?"I start to think about how hard it was to be pregnant and to be on bed rest with the last two babies. How hard it is to take care of a newborn, being sleep deprived and trying to find the right formula for them. Troy still doesn't sleep through the night and ends up in bed with me every night but I know that there will come a day that I will miss it. I am really trying to hang on to these memories and enjoy my kids instead of resent them.
I have a greater respect for my parents, especially my mom as we celebrated Mother's Day this week. She stayed home and raised all four of us kids while my dad worked harder than any man I know, so that she could stay home. For that I am so grateful. I realize how blessed I am to have such a great mom who is also one of my closest friends. I am also grateful to my husband who does the same for me. He works really hard so that I can be a stay at home mom and raise our four kids.
My kids each made something for me in school and Troy in the nursery at church. After losing my niece Kamber last year, I realized that we just don't know what is in store for us. "Will our family still be intact on this earth next year at this time?" For this very reason, I cherished all of the sweet little things each of my kids gave me more than I ever have. I have them hanging and each time I walk by them I am reminded of what a blessing it is to be a MOM! I really need to be wondering "What did I do to deserve such a great life with an incredible family?"





2 comments:
Mom! Check my blog I have 3 more posts I did! Well when you were at the mall!
Mother's Day is such a wonderful day!! And you...a wonderful mother!! Your four kiddos are lucky to have you as their mom.
Post a Comment