The other night I was watching my two nephews and Tristyn had a couple of friends over. It was so nice outside and all eight of the kids were outside playing "Cops and Robbers." They were divided into two groups and one would hide while the other one counted and then found them. They laughed and just played for a couple of hours while I did dishes and worked on Sharing Time. I started thinking about all of the games we used to play when I was a kid. One in particular came to my mind. We spent hours playing a game that we called "Ditch 'em." When we were teenagers, a whole group of us would split up into groups and we would use the whole neighborhood full of orange groves to hide. I don't think I would allow my kids to play that now but we have so many fun memories from playing "Ditch 'em." I remember Candi hiding on our block wall and then running into the house screaming for someone to call 911! She sat on a scorpion and thought she was going to die. I think my mom did call poison control and ask what she should do. Of course they said there is really nothing you can do but give Tylenol and ice it.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Oh... the Memories...
The other night I was watching my two nephews and Tristyn had a couple of friends over. It was so nice outside and all eight of the kids were outside playing "Cops and Robbers." They were divided into two groups and one would hide while the other one counted and then found them. They laughed and just played for a couple of hours while I did dishes and worked on Sharing Time. I started thinking about all of the games we used to play when I was a kid. One in particular came to my mind. We spent hours playing a game that we called "Ditch 'em." When we were teenagers, a whole group of us would split up into groups and we would use the whole neighborhood full of orange groves to hide. I don't think I would allow my kids to play that now but we have so many fun memories from playing "Ditch 'em." I remember Candi hiding on our block wall and then running into the house screaming for someone to call 911! She sat on a scorpion and thought she was going to die. I think my mom did call poison control and ask what she should do. Of course they said there is really nothing you can do but give Tylenol and ice it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I used to play ditchem when I was in grade school while waiting for our bus. . .I got my front tooth knocked out in 2nd grade!! Love that game -- I think you are right though, my kids wouldn't be allowed either -- fun post and good memory!
Oh, how I remember those days!! Ditch 'em in your neighborhood was so fun!! There are so many memories I have of you and your family. I love you guys!!!
Post a Comment