Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Good Times...
As of last Monday, everyone in the family but me and Trent had had the "barfs!" (yuck) We had our usual busy week at home with me being pulled in fifteen different directions by my four kids and a few others. I was also trying to get us ready to go camping at Dave's family's "mountain" in Pinedale on Friday. (man that is a lot of work) Our plan was to leave no later than 2:00 pm but as usual, Dave had to finish things up at work and we weren't on the road until 3:00. We made a stop in Payson to get the few things that I had forgotten and a pizza which put us on the mountain a little after 7:00. By now it was dark, the "perfect" time to try to set up a tent. This is the second year in a row that we were stuck setting up camp in the dark. (we never learn) We got everyone changed into warm clothes except for Troy who screamed for fifteen minutes because he did not want his sweatshirt on. Finally I gave in, took off the sweatshirt and he did not wear it the whole weekend. He told me ten times that he was cold, but still would not let me put it on. He is my most STUBBORN child. After we had gotten settled in, we visited with family, played some cards and then headed to bed. The next morning, the kids got up, went off to play and a few minutes later returned saying that Trent just threw up. He said he thought he was hungry and then after eating cereal, he threw up again. I couldn't believe it! It had been almost a week since someone had been sick and now I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with a sick boy who told me at least a hundred times that he wanted to go home. We tried everything to get him to rest and see if he would feel better. He fell asleep at 7:00 and slept through the night just fine. Sunday he woke up and was back to his normal self. The weather was absolutely beautiful. The kids played the entire time, rode horses and just had a blast. I am glad we stayed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Darn I wish I could have gone to the the mountain this year. If everyone gets together next year... I will make sure me and mine are there too! Everyone keeps telling me how much fun it was :(
Post a Comment