It was almost a year ago when I first noticed a chip on one of Troy's front teeth. I really did not worry much about it but I did get a lot of "what did he do to his tooth?" and I simply replied, "I have no idea." He never cried or there was never any blood so I still have no idea how it happened.
Well the last couple of months he has been complaining and pointing to his tooth saying that it hurt. I took him to the dentist and he said that it looked okay. I went home a little discouraged with $68 less than I had before. A month later now and he is really avoiding using his front teeth and hardly eating at all. So I called and took him back to the dentist hoping that maybe he would have something else for me. Nope! He gives me the same old "It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it, but maybe he is feeling some sensitivity." Then he said that we could put a crown on it, which I said "no way!" Then he said, "then we can just pull it." I left paying another $68 dollars really irritated but realized that it had to be done.
So yesterday I took him at 8:00 to get his tooth pulled. They gave him some medicine that made him feel drunk and I felt so sorry for him. He acted so weird. They took an x-ray and saw that there were fractures on both of his front teeth, so they both needed to come out. The first thing I thought was, "here we go again." When Trace was exactly the same age, he had to have his two front teeth pulled. I might mention that his permanent teeth just barely came in, and he is eight.
The dentist warned me that the medicine can make them act like a "monster" so just be "aware," and it will wear off in an hour or two. So $500 later, I fought him all the way to the car screaming his head off, flailing everything he could. I had to go to the bank before I went home and halfway down the street I looked back at my screaming child and he had partially unbuckled his car seat and then the seat from the seat belt and had the car seat tipped up grabbing onto the back of my seat. I pulled into a neighborhood to get him hooked back in and luckily made it home safely. When we got home he wanted down, tried to walk and stumbled around falling over a few times. He also hit me several times, hard I might add which is really not like him. I am glad he warned me and I am glad that day is over. Now I just have a toothless little boy for many years.





3 comments:
What a day, Brayden had to crowns done and had to have that special juice too.. I thought I would never make it home. He screammed and yelled at me,wouldn't sit down. I stopped many times. I feel your pain.. I your are glad it is a new day.
Oh my! What a day. He looks so grown up without those teeth. Too cute. James had tubes put in his ears last Dec. Nobody warned me about the craziness coming out of the anesthesia. It was insane. I couldn't put him down because he couldn't stand up or walk, but he was flailing and kicking, screaming, etc and I thought for sure I was going to drop him. I was so glad when that was over.
We had to have crowns put on a couple of Spencer's teeth and the juice. . . that was the hardest at our house, he just slept the day away when he got home. He looks so cute with his toothles grin though. I am right there with you on the teeth thing -- boys will be boys.
Post a Comment