This year we went to Dave's hometown of Willcox, AZ for the 4th of July. I'll admit that I did not even know that we had the town of Willcox in our state until I met Dave twelve years ago. That just tells you how much we traveled when I was a kid. It is quite a different life down there for this city girl; and I could never live in a small town, but it is sure fun to visit. On that side of the family there are 33 grand kids and all but about 10 of them were there. There were not enough hours in the day for the kids to play as much as they wanted to.
The morning of the fourth, the city has a swim and diving competition for all the kids that want to participate. Last time we went down there, I had just had Trent and was as big as a house so there was no way that I was going to get in a suit. It was so HOT that I told myself then "that next time, I don't care how big I am, I am going swimming!" So this year we ALL got in our swimming gear and headed to the pool. Wouldn't you know that they had had abnormally cool temperatures for the past week and it was too cold to swim. That is just how it always is. I can't complain though because the weather was absolutely beautiful. Tristyn ended up running a fever that day so we did not stay long at the pool. We went back to the house and showered and just relaxed. I got a lot of reading done. (I have jumped on the Twilight band wagon and just finished "New Moon.") That afternoon we went and saw Ice Age 3 (I know, I was shocked that they had a theater too). It was a cute movie even though Trent and Troy both slept through it.





1 comment:
Your kids are so stinkin' cute. Fun 4th for you. I din't know anyone really lived in Wilcox. Good to know!
Post a Comment