So this morning has been utterly crazy. I have a ton of laundry to get started, kids to get ready, lunches to make and a little boy who is potty trained but goes to the bathroom five times before the kids go to school. I have three kids going in all different directions trying to get all of their "crap" together before they go out to the bus stop and Troy who is yelling at me to turn Little Einsteins on for him for the hundredth time. Lets face it; by the time the kids get on the bus, I am exhausted, in need of a nap and it is only 8:00 am.But no! Now I have our big tortoises to feed, our brand new hatch lings (17 to be exact) to take care of and a few other critters that need to be fed. So I finally sit down to check my emails at about 9:00 and do other computer stuff and there is a knock at my door. My mom just left to go to a funeral with her sister and there is a construction worker standing at my door. He says that he found a golden retriever and that he had just talked to my mom. She told him to bring the dog to me but that she has a couple male dogs and they will fight. So here I am standing at the door with a stranger bringing me a dog... (and I am supposed to do WHAT with it). It ends up being a yellow lab which we have two of but only one of which is a male. His story was a little off and I'll admit, I was quite nervous. I watch all of those scary shows about people who get assaulted in their homes while their kids watch, so I was a little hesitant to go out to his truck to get it. Anyways, I brought him into the house and took him down to my mom's old bedroom that is under construction; and no, he did not assault me. Hopefully the dog doesn't do too much damage; but hey, she's the one who said she would take him, right?
So about my mom. She will be the first one to tell you that "she has no idea why she would get a degree in P.E. to teach kids who have NO athletic ability when she doesn't even like kids in the first place." No kidding, she says that. One thing about my mom though is that she has the biggest heart of anyone I know, especially when it comes to animals. She hates to see them suffer and if she had a lot of money, she says that she would open up a shelter to care for abandoned animals. I love that about her. I also love that she is not afraid to tell you how she feels. She is the one person that I know exactly where I stand with. She lays it all out there for everyone. My mom, you gotta love her. Now I hope she gets home soon to take care of the stray dog living in her bedroom.





1 comment:
YOur mom does have the biggest heart that I have ever seen. I am laughing as I read this. That is Terry for you. She loves animals. Gotta love her!!
Post a Comment