Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where To Start?


As always, my life is packed full of all kinds of fun stuff; just like everyone else I know. I have come to realize that I will never ever be ahead in anything I do. I always have so much to do and not enough time to do it. Halloween is always so hectic. We had the ward party which was so fun. The kids have a blast and it is always a hit. Then the kids had a parade and parties at school on Friday. It was really nice this year that Halloween was on a Saturday because there was actually time to carve pumpkins and spend some time doing fun Halloween things.We went trick or treating at about 7:00 and when we came home at 8:00 to drop Troy off who had fallen asleep in the wagon, the kids were done. They did not want to go anymore. It was so weird but it worked out good for the adults. We got to visit while the kids played.



 I made chili, cornbread and sugar cookies on Halloween. Troy was so funny with the cookies. He kept dropping them so he decided this would be the a better way to eat them.

 This is our group of kids that went "trick or treating."

Troy on the way home crashing in the wagon. Some great memories.


There is a family tradition that the first Friday after Halloween is "Pomegranate Day." So the whole week before is spent picking and boy did we do good this year. Last year we spent all day on a group of trees and most of the fruit ended up being rotten. It was so discouraging. So this year we made sure that we had enough just in case we had another year like last year.  This time however, most of the fruit was good so we had way too much fruit. We juiced from 9:00 in the morning until 9:00 at night. It has been a long week to say the least. I was thinking today that even though it is so much work, it is so neat to get together with my 80 year-old grandparents and a few other family members and help do something that is so important to them. (My grandma really. It is my grandpas least favorite day of the whole year). Now I move into a new week with a whole new list of things that I need to do. First on the list is making all of the jelly with the twenty gallons of juice we got.

Everyone hard at work.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I always love the fruits (and jellies) of that labor. Thanks for always sharing. :) It is one of my favorites!

Fenwick Family said...

What a neat tradition!! Those times will remembered forever. And now, a 4th generation, your children, get to participate! Plus I have tasted the jelly too. YUMMY!

Melissa said...

WOW Mindi, you need to slow down. :) Just stopping in to say hi.

You are a great mom!

The McNeil Family said...

WOW that is some work for jelly. It is so delicious !! Thanks for sharing some with me last year. You are such amazing mother and you always look so great when I see ya. I have a hard time doing my hair and make up how do you do?