Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a Month

Wow! It has been a whole month since my last post. Where has the time gone. Dave and I celebrated our birthdays this month. Dave's was on the 17th and he turned 36. He is on the down slope toward the forty's. Then mine was on the 19th and I turned 33. We went and saw the movie The Blindside and then went out to dinner. It has been way too long since we got to go out just the two of us. We are really bad with the whole date night thing.  Anyways, we both really liked the movie. Sandra Bullock was great and Dave said that she reminded him of me. I must really be a beast sometimes. I think it is because I am outspoken and not afraid to voice my opinion. We were taught to not take any crap from anyone, so my parents got some STRONG-WILLED children. I have definately passed that trait on to my children.

Dave and I have been contemplating whether we are going to try for another baby or not. As soon as we really started talking about it, my ability to be a parent seems to have hit a wall.  Either my kids have gotten harder or I am losing what little patience I had left. I don't know what is happening but I feel like I am being pulled in fifteen different directions. I cannot keep up with the energy that my kids have. I know that I am not alone in this and that almost every other mother out there is struggling too. Would I really be able to take care of a new baby and everything else too? I know what I need to do but I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to do chore charts, reward charts, and any other chart there is out there to help to motivate my kids. They need to learn to be more  responsible and take on some of the household responsibilities. I know that I need to be more CONSISTENT. I am about to put another plan into action and I will let you know how it goes.

I really hate it when I don't write for so long because now I have a million thoughts and they are all spewing out and probably making no sense whatsoever. I will tell you though that I am feeling way better. It really does help to write your thoughts down even though no one will understand them but me.

A few years ago Dave and I taught Country Dancing to some couples that wanted to learn how. At our ward party the other night we started talking about how much fun it was with some friends and we decided to start it up again. We are really excited and if anyone wants to join us, leave me your email and I will get you the details.

3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Happy belated birthday to you and dave. It is true it is hard to do the date night thing with kids. I hope you had a great birthday.

Lis said...

Date night is hard for us too. I think that no matter what you decide you are a great mom

Devan and Robyn said...

Mindi - It was so fun to see you the other day at the football field! We really do need to get together! It has been a crazy month for us too! Maybe it's all the dark clouds and rainy days! :0) Call me soon! Robyn