For the past month or so I have been dealing with something that I don't ever remember having to do with any of my other kids. Troy was fully potty trained for about six months. It was so nice to not be changing diapers anymore. About a month ago he got an ear infection and was put on antibiotics. Right after that he started crapping in his pants. We really aren't regressing are we? He would run to the toilet to pee but he was just not even caring about the poop part. He will be playing on the computer and say out of the blue, "I don't have to go poop!" Which to me says "I need to go but I am too dang lazy to leave my game to go to the bathroom." I would pick him up and haul his butt to the toilet and then he just sits there. He'll say "see mom, there's no poop" as he shakes his cute little booty in my face. So I get him dressed again and within a few minutes he craps in his pants. What is going on? Then he comes to me and says "will you wipe me." It is so disgusting. I am so grossed out that I just cut his underwear off instead of pulling them down and wiping his crap all down his legs. (I am constantly on the lookout for clearance underwear and that is how I justify throwing them away.) Then there is my mom who is there yelling at me to just swish them around in the toilet and rinse them off. This makes the problem even worse. I get the whole shpeal about how she used cloth diapers on us and that there is nothing wrong with that. I am so sorry but to me there is something wrong with that.We live in a different time now MOM!
So last night I took him to the doctor because he has had a nasty cough for a few days. I asked her about our little problem and she said that sometimes the antibiotics can cause them to lose some control of their bowels. This was some sort of a relief and now I feel kind of bad because I have not been the sweetest of moms in dealing with this. She gave me some stuff to help him and it seems to be a little better today. Hopefully we can get this back under control and I can be done with diapers again.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
there is nothing more disgusting than crappy underwear on your kids. I completely understand what you are going through. My Spencer went through period where he didn't even bother to go poop in the potty. It was horrible and I hate putting my hands in the toilet. I hope that things get better soon.
Love
Elisebeth
I say your mom was crazy to use cloth diapers. I am in her same era and I used paper all the way. Some people are just CRAZY and you can tell her I said so. I am not afraid of her. {smile} Hope your potty problem gets better. PS...I would have thrown the underwear away, too!!
Sorry Mindi that stinks! My 3 yr. old did the same thing when we moved. Now she won't go poop on the toilet.
I was laughing out loud when I read your Mom telling you to swish them around in the toilet! Mine said the same thing to me!haha
Well, there you have it: Mom's know!! Ha Ha. We DID use cloth diapers for quite some time. Mindi - when Matt was 3 & refused to be potty-trained. I gave him ONE pair of "big-boy" pants and hid all the rest and the diapers. When he messed in them, he had to wash them out (first swish in the toilet - LOL), & then wash by hand in the sink & sit on a chair waiting for them to dry before he could go play again. In two days, he was over it and we went to the store to buy more briefs. Finally. Good luck with whatever you try. :)
Post a Comment