I think it is okay to admit that I am one of the most pathetic bloggers around. Really, has it been six weeks? Boy how time flies by. Lately, however my days are just dragging on. You will understand why in a minute.
Back on Thanksgiving Day I was talked into attempting the Turkey Trot again. I was quite humiliated the last time I did it because I was one of the last ones to finish and they were waiting for me to pass so they could take the barriers down. This time I ran the first three miles without stopping and then my hip started to really hurt. I was all by myself so I just decided to walk, ponder my life and finish it. I beat my last time by twenty minutes which was an accomplishment for me. Anyways, as I was walking I just had this feeling that I was pregnant. Of course I started to worry that if I was pregnant, was it a good idea that I just ran three miles and walked another three? I got home and of course did a test and it was positive. After my miscarriage in April we had just about given up hope that we were supposed to have another baby. A couple weeks later I had an ultrasound and we saw the heartbeat. It only took a couple more days for me to really "feel" it. The last pregnancy I felt great which turned out to be a bad thing for me.
Now here I am right before Christmas almost nine weeks pregnant and I am so sick. I feel okay in the morning and then after lunch I start to go downhill. I am really trying to be grateful that I am sick but it is really hard. Some say that the sicker you are, the better your pregnancy. Not sure if it is true, but I am going to believe it for my sake. I am so tired and nauseous all of the time. Nothing sounds good to eat but I am so hungry. Then when I do eat, I feel good for about five minutes and then I am nauseous again. You really do have to forget how hard it is to be pregnant or we would not do it again. I hesitate to tell anyone because I know how quickly something can go wrong and I could miscarry again. I am trying to have a lot of faith that everything will be okay this time. Now you know why time is dragging on for me. I am just trying to get through this first trimester and the busiest time of year at the same time. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Congratulations Mindi! Letting people know allows us to add you to our prayers. You are now in mine! Before you know it, the first tri will be over and it will be a "breeze".....that's the positive approach anyways.
Have a great Christmas!
Congrats! You are in my thoughts. Having been there myself I know how hard it is to adjust to being pregnant after a miscarriage. You can do this, you are strong and faithful. You are in my prayers.
Merry Christmas'
This is exciting. I hope you feel better. I know how hard it is to hope that this time all will go ok. You are in my prayers.
Congrats! Hope things go well for you and you feel better soon. I'm the same way, as far as being sick is a good thing and a sign of a healthy pregnancy. The couple times I wasn't sick at all I miscarried.
Hang in there. Hope your christmas went well.
congrats! i am really happy for you! i am pregnant again too and am feeling the same way! don't want to say anything...but have faith that it will all work out!
Are you serious??!! I'm so excited for you! And I ran the trot with you and would have never known!! I'll keep my fingers crossed and you in my prayers! Being sick is no fun and even if you did throw up it doesn't help the nautious feeling to go away :( Kind of a lose lose situation huh? I hope it tapers off quickly! But yay!!!
Congrats! I am so excited you are pregnant. You and Dave make the cutest kids! Hope you start to feel better soon.
Post a Comment