It has been a long time since I have been alone during the day with no kids and no one that needs me to help them. Last Tuesday my mom took Troy and went to Colorado to spend a week with Spencer and Annie. I still can't believe that she went but I am so proud of her for doing something that I know was so hard for her. They have had a lot of fun but I am sure they are getting ready to be back at home.
I have found myself feeling guilty that I can just take a walk by myself or go lay down and take a nap. Why is that? I guess that after you have spent so many years taking care of kids and having them demand so much of your time, that when they aren't there for a period of time you don't quite know what to do with yourself. I have been able to work on the kids yearbook for school without Troy sitting on my lap wanting to help, which has been nice. This year I have the majority of the pages to do so I am glad to have gotten a good start on it. They will be home on Wednesday and I can't wait to have Troy drive me crazy again. Can you believe that I miss it? I am going to try to get as much done as I can before the rodeo returns to Arizona.
Volleyball Update!
Over the weekend we had our first volleyball tournament in Avondale. Our girls did really good. They are a 14's team and they beat a 16's team and lost to two 18's team. Basically our 12 and 13 year-old girls were playing against 17 and 18 year old girls. There was a bit of an intimidation factor there but they still did great. We got 4th out of 8 teams which isn't bad. It is so fun watching Tristyn grow and develop her talents in volleyball and being able to be a part of it makes it that much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment